Hey guys! hope you are all well! we have been having some amazing weather this weekend and amazing weather always puts me in a crafty mood! Earlier on in the week i decided to make some beads out of sculpey clay and i was fairly happy with how they turned out, they are not perfect but that's what i like about them.
I sat down yesterday thinking of what i could make, do i want to make a bracelet or necklace.. after a while my head began to hurt so i just went for it and hoped for the best. I decided on a necklace as you can see above. i apologize for the picture quality but hopefully will get a decent camera soon so that i dont have to use my phone!
All you need to make this is :
- Polymer clay beads (make some at home)
- Bead ends
- Wire or Elastic
- Jump rings
- Lobster clasp
- Thread the beads and bead ends on to the wire or elastic ( i chose wire as it was all i had in my craft box at the time)
- Once you have got all the beads in the order, hook the end of the wires using your pliers ready to attach to the chain.
- Measure the chain to the length that is desired in two parts for each side
- Add a jump ring to both bits of chain
- Add lobster clasp to one of the bits of chains
- Now you can attach your wire of beads to the chains.
- Once you have hooked each side onto your chain, close the hook by twisting it with some pliers to make sure its secure.
TIP: if you have any old jewellery around then try taking it apart! you never know what you can use again! the beads were the only new things i used on this necklace as i had the rest all from old jewellery.